School Matters‎ > ‎

Know Your Child's Rights in Education

    • Your child has the right to receive a Free and Appropriate Public Education This is referred to as FAPE
    • Two central tools that help students with special health care needs are:
    • Every student who has special health care needs should have an Individualized Health Plan (IHP)
      • IHP’s are developed for your child’s safety and well-being while in school
      • A student does not have to be classified as eligible for special education
      • or have a 504 plan, in order to have an IHP
      • IHP’s are not legal documents (IEP’s and 504 plans are legal documents)